Pizza, a culinary masterpiece celebrated as a unique expression of Italian gastronomy, has, according to some sources, deep roots tracing back to ancient Greece. Amidst this culinary debate, the quest for the true origin of this beloved dish continues. While relishing the delightful taste of pizza is a common experience, mastering the art of making it at home remains a mystery to many. Explore the fascinating world of pizza and discover simple ways to create delicious homemade pizza with the following information.
1. General Insights into Pizza You Should Know:
1.1 What is Pizza?
Pizza, or “pi da” as pronounced in Vietnamese, is a globally renowned, flat, and round bread that has captured the hearts of people worldwide. The primary ingredients for crafting this delectable dish include wheat flour, water, and fermented yeast, left to rise for at least a day before being shaped into a beautiful round form and baked to perfection.
What makes pizza universally loved is its versatility; not only can you experiment with the base ingredients, but you can also customize the toppings to suit individual tastes. Although this dish has found its way into countless homes globally, Naples, Italy, continues to be hailed as the birthplace and spiritual home of pizza.
1.2 The Origins of Pizza:
The inception of pizza can be traced back to 1889 when Raffaele Esposito, the proprietor of Pizzeria di Pietro e Basta Cosi in Italy, created a pizza using basic ingredients such as crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings. Over the years, the flavors of pizza have evolved, but the fundamental ingredients remain unchanged.
Despite ongoing debates about its historical roots, some sources suggest that pizza-like bread made from wheat flour appeared on flat, hot stones nearly a thousand years ago in Naples, Italy. The turning point came in 1889 when Queen Margherita Teresa Giovanni visited Naples. Pizzaiolo Pietro Il Pizzaiolo, also known as Raffaele Esposito, prepared a special pizza with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, symbolizing the colors of the Italian flag. This marked the birth of modern pizza, celebrated for its diverse flavors, aesthetic appeal, and nutritional value.
1.3 Types of Pizza Today:
Pizza, or specifically the pizza crust, belongs to the flatbread category. Making the pizza crust is akin to creating flatbreads, with variations based on desired thickness, crispiness, and chewiness. Among the various types, Napoli-style pizza, originating from the city of Naples, Italy, stands out as the most famous. With minimal ingredients for the topping, including tomato sauce, vegetables, and cheese, Napoli-style pizza is so revered that Italy has established laws to protect its authenticity.
2. Ingredients for Crafting a Flavorful Pizza
A perfect pizza requires a harmonious blend of essential elements: the crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings. Let’s explore the ideal ingredients to create a delectable pizza that earns praise from every palate.
2.1 Pizza Dough Ingredients
The foundation of a delicious pizza lies in the perfect combination of wheat flour, water, and yeast, kneaded for 10-15 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and well-blended. The crust’s texture determines the authenticity of the pizza; a well-made crust should be neither dry nor soggy, striking a balance between a crisp exterior and a tender interior.
In the modern era, there are two options for obtaining pizza crust: purchasing pre-made crusts from stores or crafting your own. Making the perfect pizza dough involves not only following the recipe but also incorporating essential tips for success. Here’s a simple method to make pizza dough:
Step 1: Mix flour, water, and yeast in a large bowl, using either a manual mixing spoon or a dough mixer, until a cohesive mass is formed. Let the dough rest for approximately 20 minutes to stimulate gluten formation, ensuring enhanced flavor and facilitating manual kneading. If the weather is dry, cover the bowl with a damp cloth during this step.
Note: Adjust water proportions to 66-68% when using a mixer or 63-65% for manual kneading to achieve the desired dough wetness without dryness.
Step 2: Incorporate the remaining ingredients into the dough mixture and continue stirring with a spoon. Allow the dough to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 3: Transfer the dough onto a tabletop, cover it with a thin layer of flour, and knead for 15-20 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Alternatively, a dough mixer can be used for 10-15 minutes until the desired consistency is achieved. During the first 5 minutes of kneading, the dough may be sticky, but as gluten develops, it becomes elastic and less sticky.
Note: The dough, after kneading, should be elastic with a slightly sticky feel when pressed with a finger but not sticking to the hands.
Step 4: Coat the outer layer of the dough with olive oil, ensuring even coverage. Use a dough proofer to ferment and proof the dough, reducing proofing time while ensuring food safety.
Step 5: With the given ingredient proportions, divide the dough into three equal portions, approximately 125-130 grams each. Shape the dough into a round form and use a pizza dough sheeter to roll it out according to the desired size.
Step 6: Preheat the pizza oven for at least 30 minutes before baking to ensure optimal temperature. Bake the pizza at the highest temperature setting.
2.2 Pizza Sauce Ingredients
The sauce is the second essential ingredient in all pizza types. A pizza lacking sauce is undoubtedly a significant flaw. Pizza sauce is made primarily from tomatoes, with added spices to enhance its flavor. While high-quality pizza sauce is readily available in the market, it’s crucial to maintain the right sauce consistency. If the sauce is too thin, the crust may become soggy, losing the pizza’s characteristic flavor. Conversely, a thick sauce helps secure the pizza toppings to the crust.
2.3 Additional Ingredients Contributing to the Perfect Pizza
To achieve a perfect and flavorful pizza, besides the main ingredients, additional elements like cheese and toppings play a crucial role.
Cheese for Pizza:
Among the various types of cheese worldwide, Mozzarella is the chosen one for making the best pizza. It adds a delightful chewiness and aroma, capturing the authentic essence of pizza. Mozzarella cheese is rich in calcium, protein, and sodium, contributing a creamy texture and slight resilience to the pizza. Depending on individual dietary preferences, the amount of Mozzarella in each pizza can be adjusted.
A pizza without toppings lacks excitement and visual appeal. These toppings are strategically arranged on the pizza’s surface in a specific order. If you’re considering opening a pizza shop and believe that any arrangement of toppings will suffice, think again. Understanding the details of pizza making and ingredients is crucial for success in the pizza business.
3. Crafting Irresistible Homemade Pizza
Indulge in the savory delight of restaurant-quality pizza right in your own kitchen. Join 2momart in the kitchen and discover the secrets of making a simple yet irresistibly delicious pizza at home.
3.1 Creating Flavorful Seafood Pizza
Seafood and cheese come together harmoniously in seafood and cheese pizza, offering a delectable combination of the freshness of seafood and the rich aroma of cheese. Let’s prepare the ingredients and dive into the kitchen.
➥ Seafood Pizza Ingredients
|Bell pepper||2 pieces|
|Tomato sauce||1 tablespoon|
|Pizza crust||1 piece|
|Purple onion||1 bulb|
➥ Tips for Choosing Fresh Shrimp
- Select shrimp with shiny shells, firm bodies, heads tightly attached, and legs firmly connected to the body. The shrimp meat should be firm to the touch.
- Avoid buying shrimp with a slimy texture or those with blackened heads, as these are signs of lack of freshness.
- Do not purchase shrimp with spread-out tails, limp appearance, missing tail fins, or those not neatly arranged, as these may indicate that the shrimp has been caught for an extended period or has been exposed to preservatives.
➥ Tips for Choosing Fresh Squid
- Color: Choose squid with dark brown color and a shiny surface.
- Firmness: Fresh squid will have high elasticity and firmness. Press your finger against the squid’s body; if it is fresh, the body will return to its original state.
- Squid Eyes: Fresh squid eyes are bright, shiny, and white. You should be able to see the whole eye of the squid.
➥ Seafood Pizza Preparation Step 1: Preparing and Marinating Seafood
- Peel and devein the shrimp, removing the heads and tails. Make a shallow cut along the back of each shrimp to easily remove the vein.
- Clean the outer skin of the squid, wash it thoroughly, and cut it into round pieces.
- Marinate the shrimp and squid with 1/2 tablespoon of salt, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of pepper, and 1 tablespoon of seasoning. Mix well and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Quick Tips for Cleaning Shrimp and Removing the Vein:
- Method 1: Remove the head and skin of the shrimp from the legs to the tail. Hold the tail firmly with two fingers and pull it out. Then use a knife to slit the back of the shrimp, revealing the vein. Use a toothpick to remove the vein.
- Method 2: After cleaning the shrimp, insert a toothpick into the middle of the shrimp’s back and gently lift the vein out.
Quick Tips for Cleaning Squid without Fishy Smell:
- Cut the body of the squid horizontally and remove the internal organs that stick inside the squid. Use a knife to gently cut along the outside of the head to peel off the squid skin.
- Wash the squid thoroughly with white wine, ginger, vinegar, or lemon to completely eliminate the fishy smell.
Step 2: Preparing Other Ingredients
- Wash the bell peppers, cut them into small square pieces. Slice the purple onion into round pieces. Thinly slice the chili, removing all the seeds.
Step 3: Sautéing the Seafood
- Heat a pan, add butter, and sauté finely chopped garlic and onions. Add the marinated seafood, stir-fry on high heat until evenly cooked, and then turn off the heat.
Step 4: Assembling the Pizza
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce on the pizza crust, then arrange the purple onion, bell peppers, and evenly spread the mozzarella cheese on top. Add the sautéed seafood and a few slices of chili on top, and it’s ready for baking.
Step 5: Baking the Pizza Method 1: Baking in the Oven
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C for about 10-15 minutes. Once heated, bake the pizza at 230°C for approximately 7 minutes.
Method 2: Air Fryer Pizza Baking
- For the air fryer, bake the pizza at 200°C for about 10 minutes.
A piping hot and crispy pizza emerges from the oven, with the seafood blending seamlessly into the layer of rich, melted mozzarella cheese. Paired with bell peppers and a hint of chili, this seafood pizza is truly a delightful feast for the senses. Enjoy!
3.2 Crafting the Perfect Hawaiian Pizza
Hawaiian Pizza, originating from Canada, is renowned for its unique combination of pineapple and either ham or bacon as the topping. Let’s embark on creating this delightful pizza together.
➥ Hawaiian Pizza Ingredients
➥ Crafting Hawaiian Pizza Step 1: Mixing the Dough Combine 500g of all-purpose flour, 10g of yeast, 300ml of water, 25ml of olive oil, and 10g of salt in a dough mixer. Mix until the dough forms a cohesive mass, then let it rest for about 20 minutes.
Quick Tips for Dough Mixing:
- To check the dough, pull a small amount and if it forms a thin membrane, it’s ready.
- Test the yeast activity by placing it in warm water. If bubbles appear on the water’s surface after about 5 minutes, the yeast is active.
Step 2: Preparing Ingredients
- Cut the ham into square pieces. Shred the Mozzarella cheese.
- Cube the pineapple. Dice celery and onion. Chop the oregano.
- Wash, cook, and puree the tomatoes.
Step 3: Kneading and Rolling the Dough Divide the dough into two 250g portions, shape them into rounds, and let them rest for 15 minutes. Spread a thin layer of dry flour on the table and roll out the dough with a diameter of 30cm.
Step 4: Rolling the Pizza Crust Sprinkle a little water on the crust, place shredded Mozzarella cheese around the edges, and roll the crust inward. Let the pizza dough proof for 1 hour.
Step 5: Adding Toppings and Baking Preheat the oven to 210°C before baking for a stable temperature. Take the crust out, evenly spread tomato paste, then layer Mozzarella cheese, ham, pineapple, and chopped oregano. Bake the pizza at 200°C for 20 minutes.
The result is a Hawaiian Pizza with a perfect balance of soft and crispy texture, soaked in the rich tomato sauce, and the savory Mozzarella cheese blending harmoniously with the sweet pineapple and savory ham, creating an exquisite culinary experience.
3.3 Crafting Delicious Corn and Cheese Pizza
Corn and cheese pizza is not only flavorful and cheesy but also nutrition-packed with a filling made entirely from crisp and sweet vegetables. This recipe is incredibly simple and quick. Let’s get into the kitchen with 2momart and make it happen!
➥ Corn and Cheese Pizza Ingredients
|Dough Portion||Filling Portion|
|All-purpose flour (180g)||Sweet corn (1 ear)|
|Dry yeast (2g)||Mozzarella cheese (50g)|
|Sugar (15g)||Tomato sauce (1 tbsp)|
|Olive oil (15ml)||Olive oil (15ml)|
|Water (100ml)||Sugar (1 tbsp)|
|Salt (2g)||Warm water (100ml)|
|Onion (1 piece, julienned)||Soy sauce (1 tsp)|
➥ Crafting Corn and Cheese Pizza Step 1: Dough Mixing In a bowl, combine 180g of all-purpose flour, 2g of dry yeast, 2g of salt, 15g of sugar, 15ml of olive oil, and 100ml of warm water. Mix until the ingredients form a cohesive dough.
Note: Do not mix salt directly with yeast, as it may inhibit yeast activity. You can mix salt with flour first and then add yeast.
Step 2: Kneading the Dough Once the ingredients are well-mixed, knead the dough using the Folding and Stretching technique. Fold the dough, press, and stretch it out. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and repeat these steps for 15-20 minutes until the dough becomes smooth, elastic, and non-sticky.
Quick Tip: Initially, the dough may be sticky and wet, especially in the first 5 minutes. However, don’t worry, as during the kneading process, the dough will absorb water, and gluten will develop, making the dough elastic and gradually “dry.” You can sprinkle some dry flour to facilitate kneading, but avoid using too much.
Step 3: Proofing the Dough Coat the dough with a layer of dry flour, place it in a covered bowl, and let it proof for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size. Check the proofing by pressing your finger into the dough. If the dent remains, it’s ready.
Step 4: Sautéing the Corn Mixture Julienne one onion and sauté it briefly in a pan. Add corn kernels and stir for about 5 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of warm water. Turn off the heat.
Step 5: Shaping the Pizza Take the dough out onto the table. Use your hands to shape it into a round with the edges thicker than the center. Spread tomato sauce on top and use a fork to poke the surface.
Next, add the corn filling, 1 egg (optional), and 50g of Mozzarella cheese.
Step 6: Baking the Pizza Preheat the oven to 200°C for 10 minutes. Then, bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes.
The corn and cheese pizza boasts a stretchy cheese layer, a crisp yet soft crust, and a delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors from the fresh corn and rich Mozzarella cheese.
3.4 How to Make Instant Noodle Pizza
Instant noodles are a staple in Vietnamese households. Apart from the traditional way of consuming them, you can also transform instant noodles into various delicious dishes. Join 2momart in the kitchen to turn ordinary instant noodles into a mouthwatering pizza topped with rich melted cheese!
➥ Ingredients for Instant Noodle Pizza:
- Any brand of instant noodles (pre-soaked in boiling water) – 1 pack
- Eggs – 3
- Cheese – 2 slices
- Spring onions – 2 stalks
- Chili peppers (or bell peppers as desired) – 2 to 3
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons
- Seasonings – 10 grams
➥ Instructions for Instant Noodle Pizza: Step 1: Fry Eggs and Noodles
- Cut the cheese into strips, chop the spring onions, and slice the chili peppers into bite-sized pieces. If using bell peppers, finely dice them.
- Heat a pan with a bit of cooking oil. Once hot, evenly spread the pre-soaked noodles in a circular shape for a more appealing appearance. It’s recommended to use a non-stick pan to avoid excessive oil usage.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl, add a bit of cooking oil, and season to taste.
Step 2: Assemble the Pizza
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the noodles in the pan, ensuring the eggs cook evenly on the bottom side first. Pay attention to creating a sunken area on the top side to allow better adhesion with toppings later.
- Quickly sprinkle the chopped spring onions and chili peppers (or bell peppers) onto the noodles and eggs. Then, promptly flip the “sunken” side of the noodles and eggs down onto the pan, frying until the eggs are fully cooked and adhered to the other ingredients.
- Evenly distribute cheese strips on the egg-covered noodles. Let the cheese melt on low heat, covering the noodles and eggs.
3.5 How to Make Pizza Sandwich
Transform your everyday sandwich into a hot and aromatic pizza. The crispy bread crust, melted cheese on top, and the enticing aroma will make this pizza sandwich an excellent breakfast choice. The fragrant bread combined with creamy cheese, crisp vegetables, and a touch of flavorful sausage will provide you with a quick and energizing start to your day.
➥ Ingredients for Pizza Sandwich:
- Sandwich bread – 4 slices
- Mozzarella cheese – 150 grams
- Onions – 1/2 onion
- Carrot – 30 grams
- Bell pepper – 30 grams
- Corn – 30 grams
- Sausage – 3 links
➥ Instructions for Pizza Sandwich: Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
- Peel and grate the carrot, then wash it.
- Peel and slice the onion into rings.
- Wash the bell pepper, and cut it into long strips.
- Peel and clean the corn, then remove the kernels.
- Cut the sausage into small rounds.
Step 2: Arrange Ingredients on Bread
- Line parchment paper and place the sandwich bread on a tray.
- Drizzle tomato sauce on the bread, add vegetables, sausage, and top with mozzarella cheese.
Step 3: Bake the Sandwich
- Bake the sandwich in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- The bread will become crispy, while the inside will be soft, and the mozzarella cheese will be gooey, creating a delicious and nutritious sandwich pizza.
3.6 How to Make Potato Pizza
A delicious pizza without traditional dough can only be achieved with Potato Pizza. The combination of hearty potatoes and creamy eggs creates an incredibly flavorful and unique pizza crust. The addition of hot, melty cheese, savory cold cuts, and a rich tomato sauce completes the experience. Try a slice, and you’ll taste the distinctive flavor of this exceptional dish.
➥ Ingredients for Potato Pizza:
- Potatoes – Peel, wash, and cut into small sticks.
- Cold cuts – Stack 5 slices of cold cuts, roll them, and cut into small strips.
- Tomato sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Mozzarella cheese – A small amount
- Dried parsley – A small amount
- BBQ powder – A small amount
- Garlic, salt, cooking oil – To taste
- Toppings (bell peppers, corn, mushrooms, or optional)
➥ Instructions for Potato Pizza: Step 1: Cut Potatoes
- Peel and wash the potatoes, then cut them into small sticks.
Step 2: Cut Cold Cuts
- Stack 5 slices of cold cuts, roll them, and cut into small, bite-sized strips.
Step 3: Fry Potatoes
- Heat a pan, add cooking oil, and arrange the potato sticks neatly on the surface. Use a spoon to compact the edges of the potatoes to form a round shape.
- Cover with a lid and fry the potatoes on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs, then open the lid and pour the beaten eggs evenly over the potatoes. Cook until the eggs set, then remove the excess oil, flip the potato and egg mixture, and cook until the other side is evenly done.
Step 4: Complete the Pizza
- Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of tomato sauce, cold cut strips, mozzarella cheese, and a little parsley on the potato and egg mixture.
- Cover with foil, close the lid tightly, and melt the mozzarella cheese over low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Potato Pizza is ready, featuring a crispy and soft crust, flavorful cold cuts, and a delicious combination of tomato sauce and melted mozzarella.
3.7 How to Make Whole Wheat Pizza without Kneading
A fragrant and nutritious whole wheat pizza is a great choice for your meal. The outer crust is crispy, while the inside is chewy and soft, providing a satisfying experience without feeling heavy. With a generous layer of toppings, including melted cheese, tender chicken, and flavorful tomato sauce, this pizza stimulates all your senses.
➥ Ingredients for Whole Wheat Pizza:
- Whole wheat flour – 135 grams
- Boneless chicken thigh – 1 piece
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Instant yeast – 1 gram
- Tomato sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1/2 tablespoon
- Coconut oil – 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar substitute – 1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic powder – A pinch
- Mozzarella cheese – A small amount
- Dried oregano leaves – A small amount
- BBQ powder – A small amount
- Garlic, salt, cooking oil – To taste
- Toppings (bell peppers, sweet corn, mushrooms, or optional)
➥ Instructions for Whole Wheat Pizza: Step 1: Mix Pizza Dough
- In a bowl, combine 135 grams of whole wheat flour, 1 gram of instant yeast, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix 130ml of warm water with 1/2 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Slowly pour this mixture into the flour and knead until the dough forms a cohesive mass. Note:
- Keep the yeast and salt separated, as direct contact can affect the yeast.
- Ensure the water temperature is between 32-38 degrees Celsius, not exceeding 40 degrees Celsius, to activate the yeast effectively.
Step 2: Knead and Ferment Dough
- Knead the dough for about 10-15 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Allow the dough to ferment in a bowl covered with a damp cloth for at least 12 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Prepare Ingredients
- Cut the tomato into wedges, removing the seeds.
- Peel and dice the onion. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Rinse the chicken thigh and marinate it for 15 minutes with a bit of garlic powder and BBQ powder.
Step 4: Make Pizza Toppings
- Puree the tomato and onion mixture.
- Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then stir-fry the tomato and onion mixture over medium heat until soft.
- Add 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar substitute, a bit of salt, a bit of pepper, and a bit of dried oregano leaves. Stir the mixture thoroughly, let it simmer, drain any excess liquid, then turn off the heat.
- Heat a pan, add a bit of cooking oil, and cook the marinated chicken evenly. Cut the cooked chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
Step 5: Shape the Pizza
- Roll out the dry dough on the table, then thinly roll it to the desired thickness and fold the edges inside.
- Place the dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and use a fork to evenly poke holes on the surface.
- Spread the tomato sauce, add a bit of mozzarella cheese, and the chicken.
- Finally, sprinkle a bit of dried oregano leaves on top to finish.
Step 6: Bake the Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 218 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes. Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes at 218 degrees Celsius until fully cooked.
- The finished product will be a freshly baked and aromatic pizza with a crispy outer crust, soft and chewy inside, complemented by a flavorful and nutritious combination of toppings.
- The Culinary Artistry of Pizza: A Global Love Affair As you explore the diverse and delightful world of pizza, you embark on a culinary journey that transcends borders and unites people through a shared love for this iconic dish. Whether you savor the classic simplicity of Napoli-style pizza, indulge in the fusion flavors of seafood and cheese, or opt for the sweet and savory allure of Hawaiian or Corn and Cheese varieties, each pizza creation is an artistic expression that reflects regional tastes, cultural nuances, and personal preferences.
3.8 Making Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Pizza Rolls
Cheese and sausage stuffed pizza rolls, golden and crispy, small and cute – they might just make you want to devour them immediately. The crispy crust is not greasy, and the inside is filled with delicious sausage and cheese. The flavorful sausage, crunchy bell peppers, and stringy cheese create a mouthwatering experience. Rest assured, everyone in your family will love these delightful treats.
Ingredients for Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Pizza Rolls:
|Bell pepper||1 piece|
|Tomato Pizza sauce||3 tablespoons|
|Pizza dough||As needed|
Instructions for Making Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Pizza Rolls: Step 1: Preparing Ingredients
- Cut the sausage into small pieces.
- Dice the bell pepper into small cubes.
Step 2: Mixing the Pizza Filling
- In a bowl, combine 100g of Mozzarella cheese, 30g of diced sausage, 2 tablespoons of diced bell pepper, and 3 tablespoons of tomato pizza sauce.
- Mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
Step 3: Rolling the Pizza Dough
- Evenly spread some filling on a piece of pizza dough, moisten the edges with water, and fold the dough to form a roll.
- Place the rolled pizza on another piece of pizza dough and roll it again. Rolling it twice will make the pizza rolls crispier.
Step 4: Frying the Pizza Rolls
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, fry the pizza rolls on low heat until they are evenly golden brown on both sides.
- The pizza rolls will have a uniformly golden crust and a filling inside that is flavorful with sausage, cheesy, and slightly tangy from the tomato sauce.
3.9 Making Pesto Sauce Pizza
A Pesto Sauce Pizza is a fantastic dish to fill up your hungry stomach. Baked with aromatic pesto sauce, the pizza has a soft and fluffy interior, a crispy outer layer, and a perfect combination of pesto, rich cheese, sweet fresh shrimp, and crunchy bell peppers. It’s delicious and satisfying.
Ingredients for Traditional Pesto Sauce (Makes 150ml of Pesto Sauce):
|Pine nuts (peeled)||30g|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||30g|
|Salt, Pepper||1 teaspoon each|
Choosing Quality Pine Nuts:
- Look for pine nuts that are longer, evenly sized, and have a uniform color.
- Pine nuts should be white (for fresh peeled pine nuts) or light yellow (for dried pine nuts). They have a rich, appealing flavor.
- Avoid purchasing small, shriveled, discolored, or damp pine nuts, as they may be old and lack flavor.
Making Traditional Pesto Sauce: Step 1: Preparing the Sauce
- Place 60g of basil leaves, 30g of peeled pine nuts, 5g of garlic, 30g of grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend for about 2 minutes, then add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and continue blending for another 2 minutes until you have a smooth and creamy pesto sauce.
Making Pesto Shrimp Pizza: Ingredients for Pesto Shrimp Pizza:
|Pizza dough||6 pieces|
|Large onion||1 bulb|
|Bell pepper||1 piece|
|Traditional pesto sauce||120ml|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||180g|
|Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Olive oil||Adjust to taste|
Choosing Fresh Shrimp:
- Select shrimp with translucent shells, firm bodies, securely attached heads, and legs firmly connected to the body. The shrimp meat should be firm to the touch.
- Avoid shrimp with a slimy texture or those with blackened heads, as these are signs of lack of freshness.
- Do not buy shrimp with spread-out tails, a limp appearance, missing tail fins, or those not neatly arranged, as these may indicate that the shrimp has been caught for an extended period or has been exposed to preservatives.
Making Pesto Shrimp Pizza: Step 1: Preparing Ingredients
- Dice one large onion and sauté it briefly in a pan. Add corn kernels and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, then sauté them in olive oil for 3 minutes. Add the sautéed onions and corn. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Mix well.
Step 2: Assembling the Pizza
- Place the pizza dough on the electric stove, grill for 5 minutes, and spread 1 teaspoon of pesto sauce on each pizza crust. Top with the shrimp mixture and sprinkle about 30g of grated Parmesan cheese on each pizza crust.
- After 5 minutes, rotate the pizza about 90 degrees, and continue grilling for another 5 minutes until done.
The result is a pizza with a deliciously crispy crust, aromatic pesto sauce, creamy Parmesan, and a flavorful shrimp and bell pepper topping. The harmonious blend of these ingredients makes the Pesto Shrimp Pizza an irresistible dish!
4. Some other simple and economical ways to make Pizza you should know
4.1 Making Pizza with Leftover Rice
Instead of using the traditional pizza crust, you can experiment with a crust made from leftover rice. Utilize common kitchen ingredients such as onions, eggs, and sausages to create a unique and delicious pizza.
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 2 eggs
- 500g corn kernels
- 200g Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 10ml tomato sauce
- 30g black olives
- Mix the leftover rice and eggs thoroughly (image 1, 2).
- Heat a non-stick pan and add a little cooking oil (image 3, 4).
- Once the pan is hot, spread the rice evenly and cook for about 5 minutes until golden, then flip and spread tomato sauce on the top, adjusting the amount according to your taste (image 2).
- Add sliced onions, bell peppers, black olives, corn, and mushrooms on top (image 3).
- Finally, cover with Mozzarella cheese, put the lid on, and cook until the cheese melts (image 4).
- Instead of using the traditional pizza crust, you can experiment with your favorite ingredients, as demonstrated in this rice-based pizza. This pan-cooked pizza is not only a time-saver but also incredibly delicious.
4.2 Vegetarian Pizza
Vegetarian pizza is a delightful, high-quality dish that rivals any pizza from a restaurant. The golden, crispy crust combined with a tangy, sweet, and cheesy filling is sure to captivate your senses.
- 50g corn
- 50g button mushrooms
- 50g shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 220g firm tofu
- 1/4 bell pepper
- Mozzarella cheese (as desired)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Prep the ingredients by slicing cherry tomatoes, dicing shiitake mushrooms, and cutting tofu into small cubes.
- Heat a pan with a bit of cooking oil, sauté onions until fragrant, then add mushrooms, bell peppers, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce, a pinch of vegetarian seasoning, and a pinch of pepper. Sauté until cooked evenly.
- Use a fork to prick the pizza base, spread 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce evenly on the base.
- Next, add the mushroom mixture, corn, cherry tomatoes, and tofu slices on top. Finish by adding a layer of Mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C for 10 minutes, then bake the pizza for an additional 10 minutes at 230°C.
- The pizza, with its aromatic aroma and crispy crust, accompanied by a filling of tangy and cheesy goodness, will surely become a favorite.
4.3 Keto-friendly Pizza
This eye-catching green keto pizza crust made from finely ground broccoli is not only visually appealing but also offers a refreshing and delightful taste. The savory combination of minced meat and fragrant cheese, enhanced by the tomato sauce, makes this keto pizza a go-to option for those on a weight-loss journey.
Selecting Fresh Ingredients:
- How to choose fresh and clean cauliflower:
- Choose cauliflower with a vibrant green color.
- Select cauliflower with a firm, compact head and no signs of discoloration or mold.
- The cauliflower should feel heavy for its size.
- Avoid cauliflower with soft spots or a strong, unpleasant odor.
- How to choose fresh tomatoes:
- Select tomatoes that are deep red in color, firm, and plump.
- Gently squeeze the tomatoes to ensure they are neither too hard nor too soft.
- Check for a fresh, earthy aroma near the stem area.
- Avoid tomatoes with wrinkled or blemished skin.
Keto Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 100g almond flour
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Keto Pizza Toppings:
- 200g ground beef
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until finely ground.
- Microwave the ground cauliflower for 5-6 minutes, then allow it to cool.
- Place the cooled cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with eggs, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until well combined and form a dough.
- Press the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, forming a thin crust.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, cook the ground beef in a pan until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the crust is done, spread tomato sauce over it and add the cooked ground beef, mozzarella cheese, black olives, and red onions.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
5. Pizza Dipping Sauce
Every slice of piping hot pizza is a significant source of joy. However, what most people overlook is the crucial element that makes a pizza outstanding: the aromatic and enticing tomato dipping sauce. Let’s uncover the secrets of making a perfect pizza sauce with 2momart.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- 450g tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 60ml tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30g butter
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Celery (1 sprig)
Selecting Fresh Ingredients:
- How to choose fresh onions:
- Choose onions with a firm, dry outer skin and no signs of sprouting or soft spots.
- Ensure the onions are heavy for their size.
- Avoid onions with green sprouts or mold.
- How to choose fresh garlic:
- Select garlic bulbs that are plump and firm.
- Check for dry and papery skin with no mold or soft spots.
- Avoid garlic bulbs with green shoots or an ammonia-like smell.
- How to choose fresh celery:
- Choose celery with crisp and straight stalks.
- The leaves should be vibrant and green.
- Avoid celery with wilted or yellowing stalks.
Pizza Sauce Preparation:
- Prep the tomatoes by removing the stem, washing off any dirt, and letting them drain.
- Boil 500ml of water and blanch the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes. Remove and let them cool before peeling and chopping them.
- In a saucepan, melt 30g of butter over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onions, garlic, and celery. Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 3 teaspoons of tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons of dried oregano, and 2 teaspoons of dried basil to the saucepan.
- Stir well, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the sauce with salt and sugar according to your taste preference.
- Once the sauce reaches a smooth consistency, remove it from the heat.
- Allow the sauce to cool before using it as a delightful dipping sauce for your pizza slices.
These recipes offer a diverse range of pizza options, from creative crust alternatives to vegetarian and keto-friendly choices, and a flavorful dipping sauce to enhance the pizza experience. Enjoy the delicious journey of making and savoring these homemade pizzas!